IRCTC is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways. Its abbreviation is Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. It was incorporated on 27th September, 1999. Its headquarters is at New Delhi, India. It is public sector undertaking. It is comes under Ministry of Railways, Government of India. It is an extended arm of Indian Railways. It handles the catering, hospitality, domestic and international tourism, Internet ticketing, special tour packages, drinking water and etc.
From the last 15 years, IRCTC has played a crucial role in the India’s social and economic development. It was started with a small capital base of 20 crore rupees. TCS designed the ERP for IRCTC in 2006-07. This company website is one of the most viewed websites in the world. IRCTC term listed by Google in 2014 as most searched term.
The objectives of IRCTC are given below:
- High quality catering services.
- Significant player in hospital business.
- High quality package drinking water.
- Manufacture bulk food.
- Single window solution to its customers.
- Internet ticketing, e-commerce and technology for customers.
- High quality of products and services.
- Customer friendly services.
- Professional, transparent and ethical work culture.
IRCTC Rail Connect App for Android
Recently IRCTC has launched “IRCTC Rail Connect” android application for its users. This app is simple and easy to use to book tickets, cancel tickets, check tickets availability and etc anywhere in India at your fingertips. The main features are given below:
- New user can register and activate directly.
- New feature is made by IRCTC. And it is “PIN”. By using this feature, you can directly log into this app without entering username and password on each time.
- Its supports the booking of ladies quota, tatkal quota and premium quota tickets.
- Current reservation facility also available.
- E-wallet also available. By using this option you can book tickets faster.
- Boarding point change facility available.
- You can view or cancel the reserved tickets.
The services of IRCTC are given below:
- Railway Catering and Hospitality – Mobile catering, food plaza, executive lounges, budget hotels, central kitchen, base kitchen and etc.
- Non Railway Catering and Hospitality – institutional catering, office catering, event catering, guest house management, housekeeping services, consultancy services and etc.
- Travel and Tourism – It arranges full train charters, coaches.
- Internet ticketing – Ticket at your door step. Now it is available in Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune and Ahmedabad.
- Food Plazas – 50 multi cuisine food plazas at major railway stations and etc.
- Rail Neer – Packaged drinking water.
- Water vending machines.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Safety and customer data.
- Expansion and diversification.
- SIM based reservation system.
- Online air ticketing.
IRCTC is the India’s most prominent and trusted subsidiary of Indian Railways. It has a good historical record. Any person in India can choose these services, because it provides quality and reliable services at an affordable cost. If any person in India is facing problem with Indian railways or want to get any information then you can call to 139.