Indian Railways (IR) is the fourth largest railways network in the world operated under single management. It was established on May 8, 1945 and managed by the Ministry of Railways. It the best and low cost travel mode for passengers in India. It has also spread across every corner of India. It runs passenger trains, express trains, superfast mail trains, express trains and more.
Indian Railway running many websites in online for passengers. One of the best website for passengers is NTES. Its abbreviation is National Train Enquiry System. It provides the complete information about live train running status like excepted arrival or departure of trains at each station, live station, trains between different stations information, all trains schedule information, all trains cancelled information, all rescheduled trains information, all diverted trains information, average delay of a train at all its public stoppage stations for last 7 days and IR train tracker information like exact location of train in global map, special trains, heritage trains and etc.
Everyday large numbers of passengers are travelling in IR. For these large numbers of passengers NTES is one of the best tools. One of the best options of NTES tool is online train running status or live train running status. By using this vital option the passenger can comfortably track the real time status of the train. This is one of the fastest ways to get the latest information or real time location of train.
Guide to Check Live Train Running Status Information through NTES
Live train running status of Indian Railways feature means that it provides the latest information or updates of train exact location at real time with also delay status information. It also provides the estimation time of train arrival at particular station. The step by step procedure to find the status of Indian Railway trains is given below:
- First visit the Indian Railways official website https://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in/ntes/.
- Click the ‘Spot Your Train’ button.
- Enter the five digit train number or train name in the provided box.
- Once you enter correct train number or train name then a window will appear.
- In that window enter the Journey station or boarding station or arrival station details.
- Again a new window will appear where you have to enter the journey date or boarding date or arrival date details and boarding or de boarding details.
- Now you will get the live train running status details like current location of your journey train with expected arrival time, expected departure time and delay status will appear at your station.
After the process of the live train running status, you will get the following vital information:
- Current train location.
- Previous departure station name.
- Train delay time information.
- Expected arrival time information.
- Expected departure time information.
In case the live train running status for your queried train number is not be delivered. Then there could be several reasons, those are given below:
- Might you have entered the incorrect or invalid train number?
- Train does not run on the queried running date.
- In this case, check your train ticket carefully and verify the train name or train number. And check again.
Check Live Train Running Status Information through NTES Android App
You can check the live train running status on your mobile. By just downloading the National Train Enquiry System Android App form Google play store. This Application provides train running related and real time status queries for all trains of India. The features of this application are given below:
- Spot your train.
- Live station.
- Train schedule.
- Trains between stations.
- Cancelled trains.
- Rescheduled trains.
- Diverted trains.
- Manage favorite trains, live stations and saved train schedules.
Example of Checking Live Train Running Status
Here we are providing the example of checking the live train running status. Just imagine that we are travelling from Howrah junction to New Delhi via train number 12303 or train name Poorva Express. Step by step procedure to find the live train running status of this train is given below:
- First visit the official website of NTES.
- Click the ‘Spot Your Train’ button.
- Enter the train number 12303 or train name Poorva Express.
- Now enter your departure station name.
- After that enter date of travel, example May 16, 2018.
- Now press the ‘Enter’ button.
- You will get the latest status of the train. That means current position, date of arrival, time of arrival and departure time. And also you will get the information about ‘Right Time’ or ‘Delayed’.
Finally, Indian Railways live train running status is simplest, easiest, fastest and reliable method to find the current position of your journey train. The most important point is that you have to enter the correct train number or train name, so that you will get the details correctly in a right way. The IR provides vital information to the Indian citizens so that, this information is made the passengers for a hassle free travelling experience.